The Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association ("APSA") was formed in 2006 to promote the efficient growth and continued development of structured finance throughout the Asia-Pacific region, and to advocate the interests and serve the needs of the structured finance industry. Originally known as the Asia-Pacific Securitisation Association, APSA's formal name was changed to its current form in 2010.
In 2016, APSA formalised its collaboration partnership with China Securitization Forum (“CSF”).
In 2017, APSA formalised its collaboration partnership with Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (“HKIB”).
APSA also works closely with other industry associations in Hong Kong and Mainland China to promote its mission and objectives.
In 2018, APSA, HKIB and the Asian Academy of International Law (“AAIL”) jointly organised a Forum-cum-Dialogue on the “Belt and Road Initiative: Infrastructure Financing” which received strong support and participation by representatives from the banking and insurance industries in Hong Kong and Mainland China. APSA also published a book titled “Structured Finance in Asia” (publisher: Sweet & Maxwell) to promote the above initiative.
APSA is headquartered in Hong Kong. In 2019, APSA expanded its presence to Singapore, with the relocation of one of its Co-Convenors to Singapore and the appointment of a new Singapore Representative.
In January 2020, APSA (in conjunction with HKIB and AAIL) launched its White Paper: “A Securitisation Financing Hub for Infrastructure and Small and Medium Enterprises”.
- To promote the efficient growth and the interests of the structured finance industry in the Asia-Pacific region by providing a platform for the views of the industry to be communicated to regulators, standard-setters, market participants and investors.
- To increase awareness, build consensus and coordinate advocacy efforts on legislative, regulatory, legal, accounting, tax and policy issues that impact the regional structured finance industry.
- To identify and recommend market standardisation policies, practices, guidelines and related documentation in the interest of promoting the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the regional structured finance markets.
- To promote links with Mainland China and facilitate the development of the Mainland’s cross-border securitisation, as well as the integration and development of the Association with other regional structured finance markets.
- To promote links between regional structured finance markets.
- To promote contacts and good relations amongst members of the Association.
- To raise investors' awareness of structured finance in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Be included in APSA events and mailings.
- Discounted rates to APSA events.
- Discounted rates to ASIFMA, CSF, HKIB and Treasury Markets Association (“TMA”) events.
- Discounted rates to other conferences and events that are endorsed or support by APSA.